Monday, June 15, 2009

Ask an Author Week #10: Shelley Mosley/Deborah Shelley

Question: What is the "coolest" or most interesting thing that has happened to you since becoming a published author?

Shelley Mosley/Deborah Shelley: he coolest thing that’s happened to me since being published is meeting lots of other writers. I’ve never met such a bunch of creative people!

I write as Deborah Shelley with Deborah Mazoyer. Our novels are in Dutch, Danish, French, Russian, Norwegian, Portuguese, and large type. My nonfiction includes: The Suffragists in Literature for Youth; Romance Today: An A-to-Z Guide to Contemporary American Romance Writers; The Complete Idiot’s Guide to the Ultimate Reading List; and Crash Course in Library Supervision.

Visit Shelley's Website 

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger starryann2000 said…

    Who are your favorite book characters and why did you choose them as your favorites?

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger Shelley Mosley said…

    My favorite characters are probably Claire and Jamie from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander. Both of them are brave...and unforgettable. Thanks for asking, Starryann!

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Kira said…

    Being a part of a group like that is always such a nice feeling. Being able to talk to people who understand what you do and have things in common is great!

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger J K Maze said…

    How exciting to have your books in so many languages. Have you ever visited any of those countries? I think it would be exciting to take a trip to a foreign country where you've been published

    An interesting thing that happened to me when I became published was when several of the non-reading residents of my apartment building became excited when viewing my book marker. They hadn't even believed I had a contract.

    Joan K Maze
    www.joanmaze.com

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Carol L. said…

    I have to agree with Kira. It's always great to be with others who are involved in the same line of work. It's amazing how many langiages your books are in. I also Love Jamie and Claire Fraser.
    Carol L.
    Lucky4750@aol.com

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger LORETTA CANTON said…

    To meet people that you admire would be a great thing. To know that they accept you as a writer must be great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home